SQAS Distributor/ESAD 2011
SQAS Distributor/ESAD 2011 provides a tool to assess the quality, safety and environmental management systems of Chemical Distributors against the Eight Guiding Principles of the ICCTA Responsible Care Programme, carried out in a uniform manner by independent assessors using a standardised questionnaire thereby avoiding the costly practice of multiple assessments by different suppliers.
An SQAS Distributor/ESAD 2011 assessment by an independent accredited assessor does not lead to a certificate but results in a detailed factual report, which each individual distribution company needs to evaluate according to its own requirements. The questions are related to (European) legislation, Industry Good Practice and Improvement possibilities. The SQAS Distributor/ESAD has a validity of three years. It is to be emphasised however that ESAD is only one element of the distributor selection process.
The Third Party assessment can only be undertaken by assessors who have been trained, examined and approved by Cefic/Fecc Training Group. You can consult here the Assessors(The list of ESAD Normal 0 21 false false false NL-BE X-NONE X-NONE MicrosoftInternetExplorer4 accredited assessors is available on the SQAS website.)
The results of the assessment will be entered electronically into the system and there is space for both the assessor and distributor to make comments. The precise protocol to be observed is set out in the General Guidelines. The assessor’s report is owned by and confidential to the distributor who can grant the access.
The guidelines on the SQAS Distributor/ESAD 2011 Assessment
Distributor Standard Activities (Appendix Di):
Site Assessment (Appendix S)
Chlorinated Solvents (Appendix Cs)
Food, Cosmetic or/and Pharma (Appendix F)
The documents can be also downloaded from the SQAS website.
The English version is the master text. Authorised translations will be progressively made available in several other European languages and will be posted on the website for downloading when available. In case of any doubt, reference should always be made to English version.
PAD: Pre-Assessment Document
SQAS Distributor/ESAD 2011 requires that three weeks before the assessment takes place, the assessed company should send the PAD (identification of the company including the to be assessed activities) to the chosen assessor. The time required for a complete assessment will depend on the size and the activities of the assessed company. The assessment time will be indicated on the filled PAD.
Benefits of SQAS Distributor/ESAD 2011:
Key element of RC applied to logistics operations
Cost effective tool – avoids duplication
Drives continuous improvement of safety and quality standards
Systematic approach that helps to focus on issues that need attention
Since the 1st April 2011, SQAS Distributor/ESAD 2011 is available and it is an upgrade of the previous SQAS Distributor/ESAD. Main differences are:
- The three types of questions, depending on the relative importance to the questions M-I-D (Mandatory, Industrial Standard, and Desirable) are no longer used.
- The question categories S-Q-E (Safety, Quality, and Environment) are no longer used. This implies that each question has to be in compliance with all the three domains (if applicable) to score a positive answer.
- Some questions have been merged.
- ‘New’ questionnaire reports must be submitted with the new PAD (Pre-Assessment Document) and SQAS Distributor/ESAD 2011 software
- System available as from 1 April 2011
- After 1 July 2011 only the new system will be available
- Assessable questionnaires in English version available as from 1 April 2011
- Other languages (German, French, Spanish, Italian, Dutch) as from 1 July 2011
- During the transition period of three months both the old system and the new one can be used
- ‘Old’ questionnaire reports must be submitted with the current SQAS Distributor/ESAD assessor software