The Logistics Committee monitors the developments in EU and international legislation concerning the safe transport, handling of chemicals as well as related security issues.
The Committee works directly with relevant industry groups dealing with similar issues, such as CEFIC (the European Chemical Industry Council), IRU (International Road Union) and ECTA (European Chemical Transport Association), as well as through INDA (Alliance of European Industry Sectors Involved in the transport of dangerous goods).
Some of the issues being handled/examined by the Logisitics Committee are: the ADR-/ RID-/ IMDG-Restructuring and harmonization, and other aspects of the carriage of dangerous goods, Security issues in the transport of dangerous goods, SQAS assessment system, and accident statistics.
Site (Un)loading Information Document (SULID)
A uniform site (un)loading document (SULID) has been developed by a joint Cefic-ECTA-FETSA-Fecc Working Group in order to facilitate the exchange of technical and safety data between (un)loading sites and carriers/drivers in a more structured and harmonised way.
A separate SULID has been developed for three different types of (un)loading sites depending on the nature of the products to be handled:
Fecc encourages all (un)loading sites to use these documents
More information on: www.cefic.org
Other relevant documents
- New Online CBRN-E Glossary : http://opencbrne.jrc.ec.europa.eu/main
- BACD- Guideline for Couplings Used During (Un) Loading Of Bulk Chemicals
- Fecc - Cefic - ECTA Best Practice Guidelines for the Safe Working at Height in the Chemical Logistics Supply Chain
- Best Practice Guideline for the Safe (Un)Loading of Freight Road Vehicles
- IMO/ILO/UNECE Code of Practice for packaging of Cargo Transport Units (CTU Code)
- Guidelines for Investigation of Logistics Incidents and Identifying Root Causes (NEW)