The Drug Precursors, Prior Informed Consent Procedure (PIC), CBRN-E (Chemical, Biological, Radiological, Nuclear and Explosive) actionplan are dealt within an expert group who shares information and discusses on the latest European and global developments in the field. This group meets on ad hoc basis and has an active circulation of information. It reports to the SHE and the PS Committees. Fecc promotes the establishment of industry codes of conduct, and the promotion of industry voluntary initiatives including the reporting of suspicious transactions.
Working closely together with the European Institutions and relevant stakeholders, some of the issues being examined / handled are the Commission Drug Precursors Guidelines for Industry, Explosive Precursors, Commission’s Chemical sub-group of CBRN Task Force, the Chemical Weapons Convention guidelines and developments, and the modification of the Rotterdam Convention on Prior Informed Consent (PIC).
Relevant documents and Articles
- CBRN-E Presentation (DG home) 2016_11_04
- Article on the New EU Regulation on Drug Precursors
- Commission Delegated ACT 2015/1011- Drug Precursor Third Country Trade
- Commission Implementing Regulation 2015/1013 - Drug Precursor Third Countries
- List of Countries Delegated Regulation (EU) No 2015-1011