Fecc webinar: COVID-19 impact on petrochemicals and polyolefins
Due to the high demand of our recent online events on the impact and effects of COVID-19 outbreak, we are glad to inform you that this time we have partnered with S&P Global Platts to offer you a new webinar.
We warmly invite you to join our webinar on 21 April (14:00h - 15:00h CET) and will give you an overview on petrochemical market environment and how the COVID-19 triggered recession and its impact on trade flows.
- Anna Crowley, Editorial Director, Petrochemicals, S&P Global Platts
- Mike McCafferty, Lead Analyst, Petrochemicals, S&P Global Platts
- Ben Brooks, Global Lead, Recycled Plastics, S&P Global Platts
Preamble Dorothee Arns, Director General of the European Association of Chemical Distributors (Fecc)
Introduction and welcome on behalf of Fecc (including anti-trust reminder)
Introduction to Platts (Anna Crowley, Editorial Director, Petrochemicals, S&P Global Platts)
Petrochemical market environment in the midst of a double black-swan event (Mike McCafferty, Lead Analyst, Petrochemicals, S&P Global Platts)
Overview of demand
- Short term impacts of COVID-19 on polyethylene and polypropylene
- Other derivatives of ethylene and propylene
- Upstream dynamics influencing cost of production for propylene and ethylene
- Global capacity build outs - Ethylene margin implications in current market
- Ethylene feedstock usage implications and co-products
- Macroeconomic impact of dual demand shock and supply shock
- China exports to US slow, will Southeast Asia follow?
- Fallout from shutdowns and quarantine causing logistical imbalances
- Markets bucking the demand trend
- Short term impact on recycled plastic demand, localisation of demand in Europe, UK
- Impact of virgin/recycled economics in low virgin market environment
- Impact of lockdowns on waste collection/sorting
- Current bales supply situation across Europe
- Overview of converter stock levels ahead of the peak summer season
Anna Crowley, Editorial Director, Petrochemicals, S&P Global Platts
Anna moved to Petrochemicals in May 2017 to head the EMEA region having previously led Platts European Natural Gas and Power Pricing business. Anna joined Platts in 2008, covering electricity markets and managing teams reporting on gas, power and carbon emissions. Prior to that she was an editor with S&P Global Ratings specializing in Corporate and Infrastructure Finance.
Mike McCafferty, Lead Analyst, Petrochemicals, S&P Global Platts
Mike has been a part of the Analytics team for over four years. Prior to this he covered North American NGLs out of the Houston office. His areas of expertise are centered on the ethylene chain, demand modelling and the vital links between upstream oil and gas feedstocks and the petrochemicals complex. More recently he has been working on modelling cracker feedstock usage at a global level. He holds a Masters in Economics from Rutgers University and an undergraduate degree from Penn State University.
Ben Brooks, Global Lead, Recycled Plastics, S&P Global Platts
Ben joined Platts in March 2018, rotating through the Gas and Power, Shipping and Petrochemicals teams. During his time in the petrochemicals team, Ben has covered the European xylenes markets as well as the virgin and recycled PET markets. Ben’s current role is to lead Platts’ content and price reporting coverage of recycled plastics globally
About S&P Global Platts
S&P Global Platts is the leading independent provider of information and benchmark prices for the energy and petrochemical markets. Customers in over 150 countries look to our expertise in news, pricing and analytics to deliver greater transparency and efficiency across multiple commodities. Platts’ editors and analysts are expertly placed to connect the dots between downstream petrochemical products and their feedstocks.