Responsible Care (RC)
WHAT IS RESPONSIBLE CARE?
The Fecc Secretariat and the Responsible Care Committee offer support and practical help with implementation.
Training for new Responsible Care coordinators, workshops and information sessions are organised in order to share best practices and promote the Programme with customers, suppliers and other stakeholders. The promotion of Responsible Care is a priority to Fecc and the Responsible Care Committee has been established to strengthen and develop as well as to coordinate the Responsible Care Programme with national associations. The Committee monitors the developments of the Responsible Care Programme at European level (e.g. yearly collection and review of performance indicators), ensures an active promotion and communication of Responsible Care and carries out educational initiatives (e.g. Responsible Care seminars and conferences).
NEW: Responsible Care Self-Assessment Webtool launched!
In April 2020 Fecc published the Responsible Care Self-Assessment Excel Tool, which provides users with a practical tool to guide them towards excellence and to help drive continuous improvement in the Responsible Care field. The tool can be valuable both to companies and national associations.
Since then, in the framework of a close cooperation between the Cefic Responsible Care Issue Team and the Fecc Responsible Care Committee, the excel-based self-assessment tool has been transformed into a digital format.
On 9 December 2020 the new Responsible Care Webtool has been officially launched for chemical distributors during a dedicated webinar for Fecc’s members, which ohtlined the key features of the webtool with a live demonstration:
- Possibility to benchmarking performance against chemical distribution peers
- Cross-referencing performance against the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and other international standards (ISO, etc.)
- Specific option for chemical distributors to skip questions (‘light version’)
- Tailor-made tips for the continuous improvement process within companies
- Available in nine languages
The webtool provides complete data protection, and its features enable companies to assess their Responsible Care maturity level, as well as identify areas of continuous improvement.
This new digital version represents a major step to continue supporting companies towards improving their chemicals management and operational excellence.
To access to the webtool, please go to: http://self-assessment.responsible-care.com
User Manuals are available for
- Regular meetings of companies’ Responsible Care (RC) coordinators and Responsible Care managers of national associations
- Provide training for new Responsible Care coordinators
- Prepare promotional material, presentations and guidelines
- Practical help and support to share best practices on the programme
- Promote the programme with customers, suppliers and other stakeholders (e.g. insurance companies, European institutions and authorities).
- Issue the ‘Authorisation Report’ which is the basis for granting the Responsible Care logo on presentation of the ‘Evaluation Report’ by Fecc Responsible Care Manager
- Annual analysis of Key Performance Indicators (implementation, management of risks, training, improvements, community interaction and more) and recommend improvements. Decision on alternative Third-Party Verification tools (other than SQAS Distributor/ESAD)
- Supervise compliance with the Programme and in case of non-compliance recommend to the Fecc Board to withdraw the permission to use the Responsible Care logo.
RELEVANT DOCUMENTS & REPORTS:
Responsible Care Report 2019
Responsible Care Report 2018
Responsible Care Report 2017
Responsible Care Report 2016
Responsible Care Report 2015
Responsible Care Report 2014
Responsible Care Report 2013
Responsible Care Report 2012
Responsible Care Report 2011
Business Benefits of Responsible Care Leaflet
- EU-OSHA Campaign: Healthy Workplaces Campaign Materials
- ICTA RC RD Security Code of Conduct
- Joint Cefic-Fecc Recommendation to combine ESAD Assessments with ISO Certification Audits
- Lessons learnt from Industrial Accidents
- Fecc Note on Sustainability
- Cefic – SQAS and TfS recognition agreement, extension (June 2019)
For the Fecc European Responsible Care Programme click here.
For Guidelines and an overview of the Programme click here (January 2019).
For ICCA Rules Use of the Responsible Care Logo click here.
For ICCTA TPV logo rules and guidelines click here.
For more information, please contact Gerhard Ahlbrecht, email@example.com +32 2 679 02 64
”ICCA & Responsible Care Making a Global Commitment to Safety, Security & Sustainability”