Safety, Health & Environment (SHE)
The SHE Committee is an expert committee that monitors developments issues, evaluates critical developments in the legislation process and works together with European Chemicals Agency (ECHA), European Commission and with all relevant stakeholders to ensure the safe distribution and use of chemicals for protecting the human health and the environment. The Committee currently focuses on the Commission Regulation on Registration, Evaluation, Authorisation and Restriction of Chemicals (REACH) and on Classification, Labelling and Packaging (CLP Regulation (EC) No 1272/2008).
Experts part of the Fecc SHE Committee add their contribution to the sustainable management in the chemicals distribution sector by serving a wide range of EU policies and global initiatives.
The SHE Committee monitor developments in EU legislation in the areas of Safety Health and Environment concerning chemical products, e.g. the storage of chemicals, workplace safety, occupational health, hazard control and environmental protection.
This expert group shares and discusses information on the latest European and other issues of priority, including the Globally Harmonised System of Classification and Labelling of Chemicals (GHS), the implementation of the SEVESO Directive, the European Strategy for Environment and Health (SCALE), the Integrated Pollution Prevention and Control (IPPC) and several initiatives on the safety of chemicals.
Poison Centres Task Force
The Fecc’s Poison Centres Task Force (PC TF) is a group of experts involved in monitoring and improving preparation and submission of dossiers for the poison centre notification (PCN). As accredited stakeholder at ECHA, Fecc – via its dedicated Task Force – acts as an interface with the ECHA’s Poison Centre Expert Group.
The Poison Centres Task Force’s main activities are as follows:
- Monitor the developments in the process of preparation of a PCN dossier to ensure safe use of chemicals for the benefit of citizens and the environment.
- Actively participate in regular meetings/consultations organised by the ECHA’s Poison Centre Group and report to Fecc members.
- Contribute to the implementation of ECHA tools for notification to Poison Centres.
- Disseminate information on Poison Centres at EU and national levels.
Relevant documents and links
- ECHA website on Poison Centre
- Practical Guide on Poison Centre Notifications
- Key documents
- National appointed bodies
- Regulation ammending Annex VIII of CLP
Archive: useful links
For more information on the SHE committee, please contact Pierre Germain at email@example.com or +32 2 679 02 69.