The Life Sciences Committee is focused on European and World Health Organization (WHO) initiatives, which affect the chemical distributors.
Initially, the Committee had focused on the pharmaceutical sector, where Fecc Members are committed to the WHO standards for Good Trade and Distribution Practice (GTDP). However, the Committee has recently expanded its activities to include food, feed and cosmetics industries, where it monitors European and international initiatives and works actively to define Good Trade and Distribution Practices for these sectors.
The Commitee formulates Fecc positions related to the distribution of pharmaceutical starting materials aimed at the European and global health authorities. Furthermore, the Committee facilitates GTDP education for Fecc Members by organizing technical seminars and conferences on related issues.
The Committee also acts as a stakeholder in relevant meetings with the European and International regulatory authorities, including the European Medicines Agency (EMA), the Council of Europe, the WHO and the European Food Safety Authorities (EFSA). It monitors and works closely with other international organizations involved in the pharmaceutical supply chain.
The life Sciences Committee monitors European and international initiatives and do an active review of the regulatory evolution, which affect the chemical distributors, covering Food, Feed, Pharma and Cosmetics. This will help to ensure that the voice of the chemical distributors is heard in the European debate, and indeed globally. This committee creates a unique networking opportunity between Chemical Distributors active in those sectors. The committee works closely with other associations and also acts as a stakeholder in relevant meetings with the European and International regulatory authorities. Furthermore, the Committee facilitates education for Fecc Members by organizing technical seminars and conferences on related issues.
Relevant documents and links
Food and Feed
- Animal Health and Welfare
- Biological Hazards
- Food Contact Materials, Enzymes and Processing Aids
- Contaminants in the Food Chain
- Food Additives and Flavourings
- Additives and Products or Substances used in Animal Feed
- Genetically Modified Organisms
- Nutrition, Novel Foods and Food Allergens
- Plant Health
- Plant Protection Products and their Residues
- EU General Food Law
- Fitness Check of the Food Chain
- Future Food Safety Budget & Policy
- Official Controls and Enforcement
- International affairs
- EU Reference Laboratories
- Food Safety Expert Groups
- Consultations and Feedback
- Farm to fork strategy
- Agri- food fraud
- Health and Food Audits and Analysis
- RASFF – the Rapid Alert System for Food and Feed Consumer Portal
- Committee for Medicinal Products for Human Use (CHMP)
- Pharmacovigilance Risk Assessment Committee (PRAC)
- Committee for Medicinal Products for Veterinary Use (CVMP)
- Committee for Orphan Medicinal Products (COMP)
- Committee on Herbal Medicinal Products (HMPC)
- Committee for Advanced Therapies (CAT)
- Paediatric Committee (PDCO)
Council of Europe
Fecc Cosmetics Questionnaire
ECHA (European Chemicals Agency)
- Clarity on interface between REACH and the Cosmetics Regulation
- EU Cosmetics Regulation, Annex II and Prohibited Substances
- The use of animal testing and alternatives
- Opinions of European Commission Expert Committees
- Horizontal legislation on the protection of animals used for scientific purposes
Joint Research Center (JRC)
- JRC Guidelines for selecting and/or validating analytical methods for cosmetics and recommending standardization steps for analytical methods for cosmetics
For more information on this committee, please contact Elias Rito at email@example.com (or by phone at +32 2 679 02 68).