Fecc webinar on “Competition law in times of Covid-19 and Brexit” co-hosted by Steptoe
Welcome to the Fecc webinar on "Competition law in times of Covid-19 and Brexit", co-hosted by law company Steptoe.
Preamble: Introduction by Dorothée Arns, Fecc Director General
Presentation by Steptoe:
Introduction by Darren Abrahams, Partner, Steptoe
- Horizontal restrictions
- EU and UK REACH – will UK REACH requirements create competition law sensitivities?
- Opportunities and threats arising from the pandemic
- Dominance and market foreclosure concerns:
- Market definition issues
- Market share variations and changing commercial practices
- Impact on vertical arrangements:
- Brand specific operations
- Non-brand specific operations
- Exclusive/selective distribution systems
- Internet sales
Paul is an English and Irish solicitor who regularly advises large multinational companies on the implications for their group-wide privacy practices of the European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). He holds a Certificate in Data Protection Practice from the Law Society of Ireland. He is also the principal legal adviser at Steptoe coordinating the activities of Securum, a European-wide network of privacy lawyers, founded in order to provide Steptoe clients with comprehensive support with respect to EU privacy matters, whether with regard to the GDPR’s overarching impact or more localized divergences in privacy regulation.
Zanda Romata's practice focuses on competition law and EU regulatory compliance and litigation in the areas of chemicals and product regulation. Beyond her regulatory work, Zanda advises on all aspects of EU and UK competition law, including compliance, mergers and acquisitions, cartels, abuse of dominance, and distribution issues.