FECC Congress 2023 – Here is the exciting programme!
Fecc Congress 2023 – Here is the exciting programme!
The go-to event for everyone in the chemical value chain!
The summer is gaining momentum and slowly, but surely we are approaching our Annual Congress in Sitges from 11 to 13 September.
Today, we are delighted to share with you the draft full programme, as it stands today (last-minute changes can, of course, always occur), and we could not be happier to come up with another unique, unprecedented speakers and topics line-up. We are sure you will love it!
This year Fecc will offer participants an extended programme, starting with a comprehensive masterclass on “The Sustainability Transformation of the European Chemical Industry – A Game Changer for Competitiveness or End of the Game?” by Deloitte on Monday, 11 September from 17:00h to 18:30h, before officially opening the Congress with a “drinks & tapas” welcome reception at the pool bar of our conference hotel, the ME Sitges Terramar. The masterclass will cover the following topics:
- The societal context: challenges for “hard-to-abate” industries, such as chemicals, and how to master the competition for green, hard and soft factors?
- The chemical industry context: what is the long-term future in a sustainable and circular world?
- The chemical distribution context: how does the traditional distributors’ role develop and extend to the benefit of all stakeholders?
For the two conference days on Tuesday, 12 September and Wednesday, 13 September we foresee a first-class selection of major topics with high relevance for all chemical value chain players in general and for chemical distributors in particular:
- Geopolitics & economics – who is influencing what?
- Economic outlook: accelerating energy transition and adapting supply chains
- The transformation of Europe’s chemical value chains – The 360° Degrees View
- The new skills agenda to achieve this transformation
- and the focus topic this year on Wednesday, 13 September is: Implementing sustainability – disruptor or business opportunity?, featuring the following aspects:
- sustainability measures & methodologies
- the diversification of chemical supply chains
- the downstream users’ views & approaches.
Following the overwhelmingly positive feedback on the Congress concept of 2022, also this year every topic will be introduced by an external expert with profound know-how in the respective area, setting the scene with the latest facts and figures. Data, issues and trends will afterwards be commented on and brought into perspective by our outstanding panellists with diverse backgrounds and areas of responsibility.
- Alexander Keller, Specialist Director, Strategy & Business Design, Monitor Deloitte Frankfurt
- Prof. Juan Moscoso del Prado Hernández, Senior Fellow, the Center for Global Economy & Geopolitics (ESADE Geo), Barcelone's Esade Business School
- Koen De Leus, Chief Economist, BNP Paribas Fortis
- Christian Lumpe, Partner, Roland Berger
- Richard Jenkins, Senior Vice President & Executive Committee Member, Arkema
- Thomas Van De Velde, Senior Vice President Hydrocarbons & Energy, Borealis
- Hans-Joerg Bertschi, Executive Chairman, Bertschi Group
- Jan Eghøj, Manager Director, E&S Tankers
- Dr. Andreas Ogrinz, Manager Director Education, Innovation & Sustainability of German Chemical Employers Federation, Bundesarbeitgeberverband Chemie (BAVC)
- Klaus Kuemmerer, Director of Institute of Sustainable Chemistry, Leuphana University of Lüneburg & Member of the EU Commission's High-Level Roundtable on the Chemicals Strategy for Sustainability
- Katharina Kasper, Group Sustainability Manager, Brenntag & Co-Winner of Fecc´s Young Talents Contest 2022
- Neville Prior, Chairman of Cornelius-Group & Fecc-President
- Clarisse Chang, Environmental Methodology Lead, EcoVadis
- Jens Aßmann, Vice President Sustainability Strategy, BASF Monomers´ Division
- Babette Pettersen, Vice President, LanzaTech
- Nikolaos Koutras, Global R&D Director, Surfactant Materials and Sustainability, Procter & Gamble
- Mats Hägerström, Sustainability Lead EMEA, PPG
- Paul Earnshaw, Lead Packaging Mngr., Tesco
The end of this year’s Fecc Annual Congress is foreseen for Wednesday, 13 September at 15:00h.
Additionally, ample networking opportunities along the entire chemical supply chain will contribute largely to extend the attendees’ outreach towards existing and new peers, in an entertaining way (expect cocktails, breakfasts, lunches and, of course, our already reputed and sparkling gala dinner & “tours”).
More detailed information is available at www.fecc-congress.com.
Don't miss the Early Bird discount rate and save money until 15 July 2023!