Shifting towards more sustainability: when key players of the coating and adhesives value chains act as one
Jul 25, 2023 - In April of this year, Arkema brought together leaders from across the coatings value chain to discuss how consumer demand for a more sustainable lifestyle, as well as how decarbonization and circularity trends transform the industry at every step – including retailers, brand owners, formulators, distributors and suppliers.
Featuring insights from:
- Jenny Klevås, Marketing Director at Perstorp
- Dorothee Arns, Managing Director of the European Association of Chemical Distributors (FECC).
- Nadine Nicolai, Global Business Development Director Construction at Omya.
- Mats Hägerström, EMEA sustainability leader at PPG.
- Richard Jenkins, SVP Coating Solutions, Arkema
- Helene Pernot, Head of Sustainable Offer at Arkema Coating Solutions
- Anne Hallonet, Global Sustainability Manager at Bostik.
In summary: The sustainability challenges are triggering a rapid and profound societal transformation, generating disruptive expectations from stakeholders such as consumers, investors, and government bodies. It is the collective responsibility of all actors along the coating value chain to drive this societal and economic transformation and contribute to addressing these challenges. Embracing open collaboration within an ecosystem is a catalyst for innovation and essential for the coating industry to act as a solution provider. Today, we witness industry leaders already committed to this change through remarkable initiatives. However, this journey has only just begun, and we extend an invitation to join us in fostering an open ecosystem mindset. Together, we can collectively steer positive change towards a more sustainable future.
Read the full article here.
Watch related video here.